Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rebelution Conference

My family and I, along with some members from our church, recently went to a conference called "The Rebelution Conference" and the point of the conference was to "Do Hard Things". Going to this conference really made me realize that our world has really low expectations for us young s.
For instance, the younger s ( pre-teens ) are expected to:
1. Make there bed ever day!
2. To clean their room with mom or dads help!
3. To be able to anwser a phone!
These are the low expectations of our world!!
For older young s ( teens ):
1. To do a daily chore ( just one a day! )
2. Check to make sure that the gas gauge stays above a quarter of a tank!
3. To clean their room without mom or dads help!
THESE ARE REALLY LOW EXPECTATIONS!!!! We should be doing much harder things!
In the bible people become king at a very early age! George Washington lead a group of men to victory as a child!!! We really need to have higher expectations! So, I am going to take up a challenge of not watching television for a month starting August first! If you would like to join me in this challenge be my guest. You don't even have to do it for a month and you don't even have to do it with the television. You can do it with anything!!! For example, you can do it for a week and give up your computer time. Now, I know that this isn't leading a group of men to victory, but I am going to start doing HARD things!!!!! I also want to cook for a whole week for my family and me. That is going to be HARD!!!
If you are interested in finding out more about the "Do Hard Things" movement you can purchase the book just about anywhere. You can also go to the website at www.therebelution.com If you can't get to a conference I would recommend ordering the DVD's. You won't be disappointed!!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena