Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Books Yet Again

Yes, books again! It seems that I'm always talking about books. If I am posting about books to often, and you are getting sick of reading about this subject on my blog, please let me know and I will try to refrain myself from posting about them! Well, that being said, here are the books that I am currently reading:

Simple Secrets to a Beautiful Home by Emilie Barnes. I have really enjoyed reading this book thus far. I'm reading this book for a program, RUTH, we are doing at our church. Emilie Barnes reveals all of the simple ways you can make your home, and spiritual walk with God, beautiful .

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. Right now I am reading The Fellowship of the Ring. I'm reading this book for school through a curriculum called Literary Lessons from The Lord of the Rings. I am enjoying this book so much that words can't describe it!

Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally. I am reading this book as an assigned book from my Mom and myself. Sarah Mally writes about saving your heart for the one God is preparing for you! I have really enjoyed this book and I can't wait to read more of her encouraging words of wisdom.

Sir Kendrick by Chuck Black. I have been reading this book aloud to my Mom and we are both enjoying it immensely! We hope to finish it tonight. If we do we will be starting Sir Bentley.

Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke. I am reading this book, since I have finished Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This book is on trial. Why is it on trial, you may ask? Well, my parents and I don't want to awaken love before its time in me. What I mean by that is that I don't want to read, watch, listen, etc. to things that will make me think about marriage, romance, etc., etc. Not that those things are bad, but they are not what I need to be thinking about at this time in my life. That being said, I will be reading this book and will be carefully observing how I react to it.

A Young Woman's Call to Prayer by Elizabeth George. I am doing this as a devotional, since I finished A Young Woman's Walk with God, and I find it very helpful! I'm not that far into it so I can't give you very much information about it at this time, but I hope to give very good reports about it when I've completed it.

Ida Scudder by Janet and Geoff Benge. I am reading this book, and other biographies, as my Histroy for school. I just finished Loren Cunningham, which was really good! I can't say anything about Ida Scudder yet though, because I haven't started it, but I will be starting it tomorrow!

Those are all the books I'm currently reading. Happy Reading y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Young Woman's Call to Prayer is VERY good! I read it a while ago and I really enjoyed it.
~Noelle

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I really like your blog and all the books. I am a "new" Christian and I am very inspired by your writings. God bless.
Marie

 
Designed by Lena