Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th



WOW! It's been seven years since many moms and dads lost there daughters and sons, since many grandparents lost there grandkids, since many uncles and aunts lost there nieces and nephews. Since daughters and sons lost there moms and dads, since grandkids lost there grandparents, since nieces and nephews lost there aunts and uncles, and since husbands lost wives and wives lost husbands.

James 1:2-3 'Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.'
Trials of many kinds also applies to 9/11. There were men and women who ran out of that building covered in dust and just shocked at what had happened! There were also men and women who walked out in the same way but had given there heart to the Lord more so or for the first time. How can this be possible?! God places trials in our path to help us grow in Him. To help us trust, love, and obey Him and His commands. Paul was beaten, mocked, and thrown into prison, yet while he was there he praised and sang hymns to God. Paul's love in the Lord developed as the trials came along. As did some of the men and women who came out of that building!

This morning I did devotions and they were on trusting in God through trials. Our family devotions tonight were on trusting in God through trials. (All of this was totally unprepared.) It dawned on me that we had had two devotions of trusting in God through trials on September 11th. WOW!

Always remember that NO MATTER what trial it is it didn't catch God by surprise and He is always watching over you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. Also remember that those trials were placed there for a reason, although you may not see it's purpose.....God does!

3 comments:

Lucie Manette said...

Is Lucy me? I'm going to go ahead and take them, but I'll remove them if it's not me ;).

Calico Zak said...

Hasn't it been eight years?
I thought it was in 2001?
Maybe I'm wrong.
Oh well.

Moriah said...

Lucy- Yes, it's you!
Calico Zak- Ugh! I was doing this post at like midnight! (Here I am again blogging at midnight. You'd think I would learn.) Yes, it's eight. Thanks Zak.

 
Designed by Lena